- Compact, sleek design with handlebar or head mount
- Five light modes (high, medium, low, night flash, day flash)
- Adjusts beam intensity based on cyclist’s speed (when paired with compatible Edge cycling computer)
- Solid battery life
- Easy to use and setup + water resistant
- Limited mounting options for handlebars
The Garmin UT800 is a really awesome cycling headlight. There’s a lot to like with the UT800. Probably not a must-have, but it makes a great gift.
While we don’t think you absolutely need to have it, the UT800 is a pretty darn awesome headlight. When paired with the Edge 1000, Edge Explore 1000, Edge 820, Edge Explore 820, or Edge 520 it will adjust the beam intensity based on your speed. That helps to conserve battery and is simply a smart feature to have since you don’t really need a bright beam when you’re hardly moving. We think changing the beam intensity versus the beam distance makes sense and the size/build of this headlight is a lot better than that of the previous Smart Garmin cycling light. Setting up and pairing the UT800 is simple and we really like that it can be mounted on a helmet and handlebars. The price point is tough, but it’s a really neat concept.